Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The door

So, I dragged my beloved to a little shop way on the other side of town. They were going out of business. I had never heard of this shop until I found out they were leaving. It was called Shabby Cottage or something like that. Cute name. Turns out they had some really old doors and windows they were giving away for free. I think there must be only 2 responses to this: 1. You've got to be kidding! How did I get so lucky! Seriously, is it my birthday? (that would be me) or 2. You've got to be kidding! Who wants this junk? Can we go now? (that would be beloved)

So, I picked out a door (didn't want to push it with more than one--he was already thinking I was nuts). And besides, I didn't want to be greedy. There must be others out there wanting some of the doors! This door was painted the most perfect mustard color (again 2 responses, I'm sure!). Here it is in its naked glory:




Of course, it has been crying out to me to stick some vinyl on it. Can you imagine the possibilities? Oh, I can! Stay tuned to see what I did!

Blessings,
~FV Lady

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. :D One of our friends collects windows and has them all over her house. They look really neat. I believe she even has one that has a painting in the back of it so it looks as if you are looking into a beautiful actual scene..

August 12, 2008 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Screaming Meme said...

I can't wait to see! Screaming Meme

August 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger The Nester said...

FREE DOOR!?!

You lucky dog, you!

August 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Screaming Meme said...

I sure will teach you~ It is easy and fun! I know you'll love it! Email you soon...If I forget pls email me...meme.screamingmeme@gmail.com...I've been taking care of my sick dog...So, sometimes things slip! Meme

August 14, 2008 at 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you have us all sitting on the edge just waiting to see what you are going to do... I know it will be big! I just cant wait!!

August 14, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home