Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fonts

Before I got into the word business, I had no idea that there were people out there who collect fonts. I had the basic fonts that came on my computer. I was even savvy enough to actually change fonts on occasion, rather than use the default font. I know, not real savvy. But, once I started creating word art for my walls, I wanted more than the standard Arial or Times New Roman. Even Lucida Casual was a bit bland for what I was envisioning. So I googled fonts. Yeowie. Have you ever done that before? And, did you know that you can pay a ton of money for one font?? Now, the people who design fonts need to make a living, so I don't begrudge them at all. It's just that *I* don't really want to spend a load of cash for a font. But, there are people who do. I did stumble across a great website for free fonts in my search. It's called Dafont. They have fonts for every occasion. So, although I have some fonts listed on my website, if you find a free one on Dafont which is vinyl-compatible, we can use it for your order. Just let me know!
~FV Lady

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pics of scripture. I have bought several scriptures from different companies to put on my walls. I look forward to seeing all the stuff you create. I specially enjoyed looking that the "names with their meaning" how wonderful for a Christmas present!

Feel free to go to the archives to see some of the stuff that we have done on our walls. We just bought a farm house and we are slowly adding scripture.
www.xanga.com/camarige
(You may have to go back through some of the archives to find pics.)

Carmen

May 4, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Hi Carmen,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I visited your blog too. Your farmhouse is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us. I really like the decorating work you have done. The scripture above your door is really nice. I love seeing ideas that others share. Oh, and your children are adorable!

Blessings,
~FV Lady

May 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I just want to mention that you have left out a letter on your website. Instead of "Applying" you have "Appling". It made me curious to find out what Appling was all about. :)

I love your site, by the way, and the pics of your creations are inspiring.

Janet

May 13, 2008 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Thank you so much, Janet. I spoke with my son, er webmaster, about it. It should be fixed now!

Blessings,
~FV Lady

May 14, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will she post again...

May 18, 2008 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger lovedbeyondmeassure said...

I love your website, my son"webmaster in waiting" is excited to start training with your webmaster. ;) This is such a blessing.
We love you,
Nancy & Kev

July 1, 2008 at 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

October 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home