Monday, January 25, 2010

To Boldly Go...



We're heading to Florida for the launch of STS-130, which is scheduled for Feb 7th. We've been invited to the launch by our friend, Terry Virts, who is the pilot on this mission (second from the left). Of course, we won't get to see Terry in person, but we will get to fellowship with his wife and children. We look forward to that. So, the kids and I are loading up the van and going on a grand adventure. It's so nice having a son who is a man and can help drive and keep all of us safe! Thankfully, my beloved will join us for the launch and a few days of soaking in the warm sun in Florida. Along the way, we get to visit with friends and family. Ah, a vacation in February to sunny Florida. Great timing!

So, if you place an order and I don't get back to you right away, this is why. I should have internet access daily, so I will try to email you to let you know when to expect your order. Thanks for understanding. I promise to get right to it when we get home again.

And, if you happen to watch the launch, or see the headlines about it, please say a prayer for Terry and the rest of the crew. What a wonderfully amazing adventure they are going on! Viewing God's earth from that vantage point must be incredible! And, if you think about it, say a prayer for me: 1 van, 6 children, 3000 miles. I hope it doesn't snow.


FV Lady

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Florida is lovely at this time of year...many years ago (I was 19!) I was in Florida for the last week of January - it was delightful.

We saw a rocket launch too - I didn't personally know anyone BUT there was an Australian on the launch - so I was proudly patriotic!

I hope that you have a wonderfully safe trip!

January 26, 2010 at 2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep working ,great job!

February 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

I just scrolled down and saw this post. That's sooo neat! :) I can't imagine going into space!

~Kim

February 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Hi Kim!
It really would be so neat, wouldn't it? It's hard to even imagine. Thanks for stopping by! I love checking out your site. I've found some really wonderful etsy shops through you!

Michelle, wish you could have been there this time! I really want to meet you someday.

Anonymous, thanks!

Blessings,
FV Lady

March 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home