Thursday, September 18, 2008

A little idea for you



I thought I would share an idea with you. This project was so easy and so much fun. You will need:


scrapbook paper
paint to coordinate
wood (I bought these at Hobby Lobby)
spray adhesive

Cut your scrapbook paper to fit your wood



Then, paint the edges of your wood. You can paint the back if you want. It won't show, but it does give a nice finished look if you are giving this as a gift. Then, using your spray adhesive, attach the paper to your wood.



Now, you will need some vinyl letters from me. You can choose whatever words or font you want. I chose the word "Baby" in Pure White #7010. Of course, you can choose a name or another word (family, joy, faith, believe, etc.).

Next, cut apart the letters.



Finally, center them on your wood and apply them. You can attach ribbon to hang them, or use a sawtooth hanger on the back (for those boys).

I hope you enjoy this project. I've also done larger boards with a monogram on it. Very pretty. I'd love to hear your ideas. If you make one, I'd love to see what you did. You can link to your blog with pictures if you want.

Blessings,
~FV Lady

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much fun! That is great idea. :) (perfect for baby shower gifts...)

September 18, 2008 at 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! I like the monogram idea too. We are redecorating my daughter's room in black, pink, and lime green. I'm sure I could find some scrapbooking paper with those colors in it. Thanks for the idea!

September 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Fruitful Vine Lady said...

The colors you have chosen sound very pretty. If you make this project, I'd love to see what you do.

Blessings,
~FV Lady

September 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know if your last name is Chapa? It's not a very common name. Our last name is Chapa and we got married in 1990. My next door neighbor showed me your blog and was amused that the name Chapa was on here. :) Teresa

October 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Hi Teresa,
Yes, my last name is Chapa. You are right, it is not very common!

Blessings,
~FV Lady

October 14, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Kasey said...

I like this idea. Very cute.

October 15, 2008 at 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this project! I went to the craft store and bought the supplies today (except for the letters). Do you have pictures of the monogram ones you've completed? I'd love to see those as well. I'll be in touch soon to order the letters.

Sara in WV

October 18, 2008 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Hi Sara,
I'm so glad you like this idea. It was so much fun to make, too. I hope you enjoy making yours. I don't have any photos of the ones I made. I gave them away too quickly! I just picked a font and made the letter really big to fill the space. The rest I did just the same as this one, only bigger. Next time I make one, I'll be sure to take a picture. I'm truly terrible about that!

Blessings,
~FV Lady

October 22, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home